Joomla gallery extension by joomlashine.com
Main Promo Images
Founded in 1997, San Diego Hua Xia Chinese School (SDHXCS) is a non-profit, non- religious, and non- political educational organization with 501(c)(3) status. The school is the first local Chinese language school that teaches simplified Chinese and Pinyin (Chinese phonetic).
Our mission is to provide a nurturing and stimulating learning environment for students to acquire skills of comprehension, communication, reading and writing in Mandarin Chinese,to instill an awareness of the Chinese heritage, creating programs to introduce Chinese culture to the community, and to promote mutual understanding between different ethnic groups.
Our school grow rapidly since very beginning. With enrollment over 1,100 each school year, SDHXCS has become the largest Chinese language educational organization in San Diego. Five programs (Bilingual, Regular, Credit, AP Chinese, and Enrichment) offer 60 Chinese classes and over 30 enrichment classes to meet the needs of our students with different levels of proficiency and interests.
In 2003, SDHXCS's Credit Program (Level I through Level IV) was born. The program is widely accredited by local school districts. In 2006, AP Chinese course was added. The course is approved by and registered with College Board.
华夏特别新闻 Special Events & News
2018-06-13 开启金色人生 --记华夏学分CR4-1班
2018-04-30 全美中文学校协会季度通讯2018 第一期总第八十三期
2017-10-31 全美中文学校协会季度通讯2017 第三期总第八十一期
2017-07-31 全美中文学校协会季度通讯2017 第二期总第八十期
2017-04-22 全美中文学校协会季度通讯2017 第一期总第七十九期
2016-01-31 全美中文学校协会季度通讯2015 第四期总第七十四期
2015-12-06 ACTFL 通讯 - 2015年全美外语教学年会与世界语言博览会在圣地亚哥会展中心举行
2015-10-18 inGenius USA Computing Olympiad Seminar
Good morning, Hua Xia families,
Welcome back to San Diego Hua Xia Chinese School!
I hope you all had a very good summer and a wonderful Labor Day party. 2017-2018 school year begins on this coming Sunday, September 10th. Our staffs have been busy to get ready and welcome you all.
Notes for the first school day:
1) By now most of you should have received a WELCOME LETTER from your new teacher, informing you the grade level, class ID, room number, class schedule, as well as other instructions for the first day. You may also find your class by login to your student account. Forgotten password can be easily retrieved online.
3) SAFETY is our #1 concern. Opening day is always busy and exciting. Please allow yourself enough time to park and find classroom. Drive slowly on campus (15 mph), pay close attention to pedestrians.
4) CAMPUS MAP is attached here for your convenience. The buildings highlighted are the ones we use. H (Regular classes), S5 (Credit classes), I (mixed), and F-2 building is where office located.
5) CLASS ASSIGNMENT will be posted in the H building lobby (Regular), and on the wall of S5 building (Credit) for your convenience, in case you don't know which class to go.
6) PARKING Lot 1, 2, 3 are the main areas for us to park. Please Do Not park in the Reserved or Handicapped space unless you have a permit. Do Not park in front of the office for any reason. It is reserved for school officials to load / unload supplies. Absolutely NO parking on the roadside. Campus Police can issue violation tickets.
7) Drop OFF student in the mid of the road is definitely a NO NO. It is dangerous for your student, and inconvenient for others. Be courteous to others as you wish others to you.
8) MANDATORY PARENT MEETING at the beginning of the first period. Meet your teachers, understand regulations and expectations, submit required paper work (credit class), and purchase textbooks (bring a check).
9) ENRICHMENT CLASS begins in the 2nd week, Sept. 17. Course schedule and introduction are available on website. Please read through the Registration Notice before sign up. No refund, prorate, or change of class once 1st class meet begins. You must complete registration before 9/17 to be able to attend the class.
To parents with younger student, it is highly recommended that you guide your student to the location for the first class meet.
10) PARENT SERVICE starts from day 1. It is an important part of our school operation. Service schedules are set by Vice Principal Tina Zhang. You will be notified ahead of time. Please review the Safety Patrol Duties and Safety Patrol Checklist to understand your responsibility.
11) VISA SERVICE passport returns on Sept.10, 12 noon in the office. Next service is October 1st.
Last but very IMPORTANT, please pick up your student right after Chinese class this Sunday.
Enjoy rest of the week. I look forward to meeting you all on September 11！
BE INVOLVED! STAY INFORMED !
- Septemeber 5, 2017
- August 31, 2017
- August 27, 2017
- April 15, 2017