This week is the final week of 2014-2015 school year! We are successfully closing another year! Many thanks to all of you and your great effort to provide our students a safe and pleasant place to learn Chinese language and culture. Your support is vital to Hua Xia.
Next Sunday, May 17, is the last event of this school year, Graduation / Promotion Ceremony! I hope you can all be there to share the happy moment, and cheer for your students, classmates, brothers, sisters and friends. Our students have been working very hard to make the achievement.
Here is one more weekly reminder before summer vacation:
1) ALERT again!! This was in my last weekly reminder. I assumed that all students / parents were aware of the incident, and I expected every student behave him/herself. Unfortunately, similar things happened again last Sunday, May 3, and the offenders - our students, were caught by the officials of Miramar College. While we are waiting for the decision of the college, I want to get everybody's attention to watch out for these destructive actions.
I suggest that parents please go over the Student Guide with your children, and make sure they fully understand the consequences of this type of behaviors. I'm calling on all the teachers to please address this issue to your class immediately, and the parents-on-duty truly work for your time.
We all have to keep in mind, that we are guests to this college, we must respect the properties on campus, and we do not want to wear off their hospitality.
2) Credit class Parent Service Deposit refund goes for one last time, this Sunday 5/10 by the office, at 10:00 am - 12 noon, and 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm. DO NOT MISS IT! The unclaimed funds will not be accredited to your next school year. It will be donated to the school activities.
3) Student store comes this Sunday, 5/10! Please remember to bring your hard-earned tickets! The tickets expire after 5/10.
4) Registration for 2015-2016 continues. The current Hua Xia students enjoy the priority of enrollment if application received on or before the deadlines, 5/3 for Regular class, 5/10 for Credit class. After that, new student policy applies.
If you experience technique problems, please email us:
5) For classes who plan to have party this week, please make sure you really clean up afterwards, all trash into the trash can, no food/drink left in the classroom, all desks and chairs put back to where they were.
6) If you have used Visa service last Sunday, Please remember to pick up your passport next Sunday, May 17, 12:00-12:30 pm, by the office. After that, you have to pick it up at Mt. Carmel High School, where our Graduation Ceremony held.
7) Hua Xia 2015 Promotion/Graduation Ceremony is schedule for 5/17, 2:00-5:00 pm, followed by beautiful Dance Recital of Liu Laoshi class 5:00 - 8:00 pm. All invited!
Location: Mt. Carmel High School, Performance Art Center
9550 Carmel Mountain Road,
San Diego, Ca 92129 (refer to the map, G2)
Time: Credit Program 2:00 - 3:00 (Award winners check in at 1:30)
Regular Program 3:00 - 5:00 (Award winners check in at 2:30)
Program Highlight: AP graduation, Award presentation (Speech / Reading contest, Outstanding Student), Student Performances.
8) Parents, your talent should be put in good use! We are in need of teacher / coach for: soccer, volley ball, violin, Chinese calligraphy, brush painting, etc.. any subject that would benefit our students. Please contact:
9) Talented in writing songs (lyrics)? Cash award! Summer Camp Song Contest, deadline 5/15. Click below link for details.
School will recess after May 17. 2015-2016 school year begins on September 13.
Thank you all, and I shall see you on Sunday!