Jingo Bell, Jingo Bell, Jingo All the Way! Ho Ho
Christmas is arriving! I'm sure that everyone is looking forward to this biggest time of the year. This week is the last week before winter break. School will recess for weeks of 12/22 to 12/29, and resume on January 5.
1) Class party. Thanks to our room parents and teachers, many classes plan to have a party this Sunday. I'd like to remind everyone about classroom cleaning and tidying afterward. All trash from party must be taken out of the rooms. No stain left on the floor or any surface. Clorox wipes, plastic table cloth, broom/vacuum are something you may want to bring.
2) Dragon team. We are in need parents to join this fun filled game! No experience needed. Just your enthusiasm! You will love it once you are involved. This is an opportunity that you can show your children to appreciate Chinese culture. Your support is the key to the success of SDHXCS.
We hope practice can start after New Year, and the team has at least couple of practices before our CNY festival on 2/9.
To sign up, please contact the team leader Angie at
3) Do you know that, like Hua Xia Dragon Dance Team, our Drum team 腰鼓队 is also the only such kind in town? We are very proud of our tradition and teams, and hope you can help to keep it for our children. Big "Thank You" to those newly signed up parents and students! We welcome more students and parents to join this unique Chinese fold art.
The team plans to start practice on 1/5.
To sign up, please contact the team leader Yanping at
4) PTA will host a college financial planning seminar on January 12, 1:30-3:30pm, at the PTA room (F-209). The speakers are Attorney Allen Leung and Winnie Shiao who had the same workshop at Hua Xia couple of years ago. Mark your calendar if you are interested. One session only.
5) PTA plan to host a cooking contest after holiday. Keep tuned.
6) <We Chinese in America> magazine will be delivered to PTA room. You are welcome to stop by and pick up a copy. Or, more convenient, you can enjoy it online:
7) Hua Xia Chinese New Year Festival will be held on February 9. Similar activities like last year but improved. Please contact your room parents/teachers for details, join your class team, or host a booth to have fun and raise fund for your class.
8) Passport pick up is on this Sunday at 12:00 noon. Please make sure you get there on time.