Effective, Motivating, and Fun. Adult Chinese Program
This introductory course is specially designed for adult students at beginner level, who need to learn practical skills in Chinese Mandarin and have a goal to achieve professional proficiency. Thecurriculum incorporates five Cs (Communications, Culture, Connections, Comparison, and Community) standards. Throughout the course, teacher facilitates the learning through hands-on activities, and provides students with various opportunities to demonstrate their level of proficiency in four language skills across three communicative modes (Interpersonal, Interpretive, and Presentational).
This course is based on textbook “Integrated Chinese” and designed to introduce the beginner student to the structure of the Mandarin language, and guide the student to build a foundation to develop their skills in listening, speaking, reading, and writing in Mandarin Chinese. It consists of a series of linguistic activities and cultural topics, which enables the student to communicate about daily activities at a survival and functional level. These activities are chosen for their personal significance to the students, thereby providing an aspect of spontaneity to the communication. At the end of this course, the student will be able to understand, speak, read, and write about high frequency expressions and phrases and basic daily activities. The students can also make themselves understood by their teacher and native speakers.
Course Goals and Learning Objectives
• Have a solid understanding of the structure of Mandarin Chinese (pronunciation, writing system and grammar).
• Have basic skills to communicate with your Chinese-speaking family members, friends and business contacts.
• Be able to use the Pinyin system to pronounce any new Chinese word you encounter in the future with correct tones.
• Be able to type Chinese on a regular keyboard.
• Start using Mandarin Chinese skill for business and daily life.